Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

February 25th - One Year


In some ways, today is the one-year anniversary of Project 365.

No, I didn't begin the project until April 1, 2010, but February 25 is important because that's when all the changes that happened this past year were set in motion. On February 25, 2010, I was laid off from my job at the museum. It can be hard to actually write or say those words - laid off - because it feels like failure. The thing is, I feel happy and blessed about the changes that have occurred in my life over the last year. I'm happy to be back in Texas, happy to be closer to my family, happy to be working at a job that I enjoy so much more than my last one.

And I'm also happy that I began this project a little over a month later and have almost completed it. At first it was something for me to do each day so I wouldn't be bored or feel too sorry for myself. It later became a way for me to share a little piece of my life each day with friends and family. I feel honored to know that others have begun similar projects.

One year. It can change everything.

1 comment:

  1. You're so right, Kendra, a year makes a world of difference. Thanks for letting me follow along---I feel like I've gotten to know you a bit through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete